How to Embed a YouTube Video in the Forums of Courses (powered by Sakai)
YouTube is a resource for both entertainment and education. The videos can contain helpful, controversial, and thought-provoking content. So, how do you post a YouTube video within the Forums tool of Courses/Sakai?
- Visit http://www.youtube.com
- Find a video you want to share
- Click "Share" below the video
- Click "Embed"
- Check the box for "Use HTTPS"
- Check the box for "Use old embed code"
- Copy the code
Forums tool of Courses (powered by Sakai)
- Log into http://courses.pepperdine.edu by clicking "Pepperdine Login" and entering your NetworkID and password
- Go to the course or project site by clicking the tab or clicking its name in the "All My Sites" tab
- Click Forums in the left menu
- Click the desired topic
- Click "Start a New Conversation" or reply to an existing message
- Enter the message you want to say
- Click "Source"
- Place your cursor where you want the video to display
- Paste the code
- Click "Source" again (very important!)
- Click "Post"