How do I paste content into the "Source" of the rich text editor with Internet Explorer 9?
As new browsers keep coming out, they sometimes create problems with existing websites or web-based services. In Courses (powered by Sakai), Internet Explorer has a problem pasting content into the "Source" option of the rich text editor. It simply won't do it! However, there is a workaround.
- Open Internet Explorer 9
- Go to a site with embed code, such as YouTube.com or TED.com
- Copy the full or old embed code (the version that contains the OBJECT and EMBED tags, not IFRAME tags)
- Log into http://courses.pepperdine.edu
- Go to your course or project site
- Press F12 to turn on the developer tools interface in Internet Explorer
- Click Document Mode and switch from Internet Explorer 8 to Internet Explorer 9
- The page will refresh (you must be logged into Courses when you do this!)
- Use a tool with the rich text editor (e.g. create a new message in Forums)
- Click "Source" in the right text editor
- You can now paste the code into the "Source" field
- Click "Source" again and then scroll down to click "Post" or "Update"
We hope this information helps!