As you get started with a new academic term, we want to remind you of the most common items professors do at the beginning of a new semester/trimester.
Checklist for a New Academic Term:
- Access Courses (powered by Sakai).
- Publish your class site so that students can see and access it.
- Reorder your site tabs to access your classes quickly and easily.
- Add or remove tools to engage students in learning activities.
- Reorder your tools to focus student attention.
- Post your syllabus to inform students of learning objectives and requirements.
- Copy course materials from a previous semester to repurpose your hard work.
- Combine class rosters if you are teaching cross-listed classes or multiple sections of the same class but want to manage only one site.
And if your students need some guidance, point them to http://bit.ly/coursesguide or TechCentral.
We hope you find this information valuable!