Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Interesting Discussion on Sakai and Desire2Learn on Inside HigherEd

By Alan Regan

Members of both the Sakai and Desire2Learn communities are discussing the situation where Blackboard and Moodle seem to dominate the news, yet both Sakai and D2L are viable and robust with large user communities. This is in response to a request from Joshua Kim for more information about the platforms.  He titled his request, "Please Push Back on my D2L & Sakai Biases."

Since we recently transitioned from Blackboard to Sakai at Pepperdine University (and since many other institutions are doing so, too), I felt this was a fascinating thread.  I hope you find the information as interesting as I did!

LINK: http://www.insidehighered.com/blogs/technology-and-learning/please-push-back-my-d2l-sakai-biases